The actor was recently found not guilty of sexual assault accusations involving four men from 2001 to 2013. Kevin Spacey is still supported by Elton John. According to TMZ, the music legend, 76, was spotted dining with the actor, 64, in France, just four weeks after testifying in Spacey’s recent sexual assault trial. They were at La Petite Maison in Cannes with a party that included John’s husband David Furnish.
According to TMZ, the musical group The Snugglers, who performed for their table, filmed and released footage of their dinner. The trio confirmed their identity by posting a video of themselves serenading John, Spacey, and their dinner friends. “We had the opportunity to perform for those absolute legends: Sir @eltonjohn & @kevinspacey!” they captioned the post. Sir Elton is singing with us in this clip @lapetitemaison_nice feeling grateful.” The former House of Cards star was on trial in the United Kingdom earlier this year, facing 12 allegations of sexual assault involving four individuals from 2001 to 2013. Spacey has denied all claims, including reportedly touching and forcing penetrative sex. According to BBC News, the trial, which began on June 30, ended on July 26 after 12 hours of jury deliberation. In London’s Southwark Crown Court, the actor was found not guilty on nine counts of alleged sexual assault, with the remaining initial charges dismissed. According to BBC News, Spacey said outside court after the verdict that he was “humbled” by the jury’s decision. On July 17, the singer of “Tiny Dancer” testified as one of the primary defense witnesses.
The musician gave testimony in the trial via video link from Monaco. The actor was questioned regarding an accusation that he forcibly grabbed a man’s genitals while being driven to his “White Tie and Tiara” party in 2004 or 2005, according to the Associated Press. On the same day as John’s evidence, David Furnish testified as a defense witness in relation to the claim. When asked if he remembered the actor attending the event, the “Candle in the Wind” singer responded, “Yes, because he arrived in white tie, on a private jet, and came straight to the ball.” Never miss a story again — subscribe to PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to receive the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to engaging human interest stories. Furnish, 60, claimed Spacey only attended one of the events, which benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation, since he was only photographed at one of them. The Seven actor claimed to have only attended the party in 2001 and admitting to being “a big flirt.” “It did not happen in a violent, aggressive, or painful way,” Spacey told the court. It was soft… and that was romantic in my opinion.” Allegations against the Oscar winner first surfaced in 2017, when Anthony Rapp, star of Star Trek: Discovery, accused him of making a sexual advance on him when he was 14 years old. Following the Rapp allegations, Spacey was named in several more sexual misconduct instances. In 2022, he was judged not guilty for battery in connection with Rapp’s charges due to a lack of evidence.